Nilight 200PCS Heat Shrink Butt Connectors – Waterproof Wire Connectors - Automotive Marine Grade Electrical Terminals – Crimp Butt Splice Terminal Kit ,2 years Warranty

  • High quality polyamide cover outside and Red cooper tube inside allow the connectors to Bear high temperature and also has a good ability to conduct electricity
  • Waterproof nylon hot-melt adhesive with waterproof gel provides excellent waterproof performance, can be a good connectors used in marine and Automotive applications
  • Universal type three size options can be used to connected the wires range from 22awg-10awg, 90Pcs Red for 22awg-16awg wires, 90Pcs Blue for 16awg-14awg wires, 20Pcs yellow for 12awg-10awg wires;
  • Wire contact Red Copper barrel design increased current flow, and ensures voltage Drop, preventing wiring failures and reducing equipment quit working
  • Easy identification Color tube with wire gauge imprint makes it easy to identify the right size of the connector for every application

Excellent quality. Leads long enough on each side to make whatever connection you require. Used to mount an inline fuse for my SUV trailer controller. Mounted nicely in the engine compartment.

I bought this item to use with my train horn I installed on my truck. The wire is true to the size they list, the coating is thick and good quality. The wires were easy to clamp and they handled the load I put through it.

This is a well constructed unit with the cap sealing down over the fuse, and the inner conductor covered by a very resilient material that will withstand abrasion and heavy use. It is a very heavy conductor too; listed as 10 gauge, I work with wire every day and would guess it heavier than that. Having said that, being heavier isn't a bad thing, when you are looking for circuit protection, you certainly don't want your fuse holder melting! My problem was that I was looking for a small circuit protection device. I didn't care that it was 10 gauge; I have connectors for that. When I got this though, my connectors did not come close to fitting (the conductor was too large), so I did not use it. I used a small in-line holder instead, but this is still in my toolbox, because it will certainly handle a bigger (higher amperage) project in the future. I would recommend it if you need something for higher amperage circuits requiring upwards of 30A of protection. Otherwise, keep in mind that you will need to have correct connectors for this large conductor. PLEASE do not do like another reviewer and trim strands from the conductor to make it fit your connectors! Just keep in mind the size of the circuit you need to protect and get the correct parts. This part WILL work fine for lower amperage fuses and projects, but you will need to find parts to fit it into your existing circuit, unless you settle for simple wire nuts, and that would negate the waterproof/water resistant factor. Enjoy!

The fuse holder arrived a day earlier than expected, which was nice. It appears to be a well made piece, better than it appears in the provided photo. The enclosure is very solid and the lid closes neatly and securely. It's not water proof, but is water resistant, and should do a good job of keeping water and grit out of the enclosure. I will be using this on my adventure motorcycle, so I will go the extra step and apply silicone to the openings to further insulate it from the elements. It comes with the wire as a loop, which is nice because it allows you to have each end whatever length you'd like. I have yet to cut the wire, so I'm hoping it's actually 10 AWG inside and not just thick insulation. For the price, I don't think it could be beat. Easily less than half the cost of what you could find at the big chain automotive parts stores. For now I am giving it 5 stars. When I get around to installing it, if it doesn't live up to my initial impression I will come back and edit my review. However, I don't think that will be happening.

I had a brain fart and was thinking 10 amp rather than American Wire Gauge as described. Much heavier than I need but it was exactly as advertised except that the advertisement stated NO fuse but mine came with a 40A fuse installed. A small bonus I didn't expect.

Well made fuse holder...very pleased. I'm new to working with electrical current. I've been putting together my first Solar Power System and chose to use this fuse holder to place on my positive wire between the panel, charge controller, and batteries. I used a butt connector to connect my 10 gauge wire to the fuse holder. Fuses fit just fine in the holder and everything is working well. I plan on another purchase to have a couple in reserve for my next project. Oh yes, received my package in two days...quick shipping.

Very thick wire and high quality fuse holder. I used these on my Nova and have had no issues. Would definitely recommend

This is a 10 AWG fuse holder that came in looking like a 8 AWG. I had to cut some wires off the end to crimp a 10 AWG connector on it. That was good as it will surely handle 30 amps. Quick delivery and a good product.

Overall, this is an awesome product sold by an awesome seller. It even got here before the early arrival date! Pros: Strongly built. Cap holds tight and certainly doesn't risk it falling off. The wire is accurately sized and the insulation casing is very thick and durable. Holding it, it's very heavy for what it is, the actual holder is super thick and rigid with no doubts of the cap falling off. Cons: This doesn't apply to my situation, but may apply to others. Though the cap fits snug, there is no visible seal, so I question its resistance to water. Now, this is not failure in description. Note that the title says "Water-RESISTANT...not Water-PROOF." I question it's ability to hold out water, but I certainly don't question it's ability to resist corrosion. The internal spade connectors look to be gold-plated tin, which should remain resistant for many years to come. The cap does provide the benefit of keeping water penetration to a minimum if it were to find its way in. If it's ever a worry of ANY water getting in, it wouldn't be a big deal to throw a film of RTV sealant around the lip the cap seals against. Personal preference. The big picture: Awesome product, awesome seller, quick shipping. Would certainly buy this product from this seller again.

I use these in both personal & work environments - they are sturdy, grip the fuse well, providing good electrical connection (important at a 30 amp load, which the #10 wire is rated), and seal out dust & dirt well. While they are not water-PROOF, they are water-RESISTANT. If use in a very wet environment, an electrical-grade silicone grease should be used on the connections and the lid (good to use anyway on any automotive application, especially if you live in the North with rain, snow, slop, etc!). AS someone reviewed, the wire lead is not cut, but rather a loop - which allows you to have the ends the length you wish. A nice product, at a price far below the auto stores!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collagen Peptides Powder 'XL' Jar (32oz) | Grass-Fed, Certified Paleo Friendly, Non-GMO and...